Congratulations SIDS: 2014 is the UN International Year for Small Island Developing States - SIDS !
- Read all about it at http://www.sids2014.org
- Remember: 2008–2017 Second United Nations Decade for the Eradication of Poverty
- Remember: 2005-2014 Second International Decade of the World's Indigenous People (2005-2014)
- Remember: The 2012 theme: "Indigenous Media, Empowering Indigenous Voices", a topic to which OLPC aligns closely.
- The priority areas, chosen by the SIDS
Located 27 kilometres (17 mi) north of the coast of Venezuela. Together with Bonaire and Curaçao, it forms a group referred to as the ABC islands. Collectively, Aruba and the other Dutch islands in the Caribbean are often called the Netherlands Antilles or the Dutch Caribbean. Aruba is one of the four constituent countries that form the Kingdom of the Netherlands, along with the Netherlands, Curaçao and Sint Maarten. The citizens of these countries all share a single nationality: Dutch. Aruba has no administrative subdivisions, but, for census purposes, is divided into eight regions. Its capital is Oranjestad.