Note: This is a strawman draft under discussion on the testing mailing list.
- We are a volunteer community group.
- We test OLPC products and advocate bugfixes on behalf of stakeholders.
- We are transparent about our processes and our results.
- We seek to learn and try new things and to teach others what we know.
- We ask forgiveness, not permission; we value rough consensus, passing tests, and coverage.
 Mailing list
 How you can help
We welcome everyone to the community test group regardless of background, experience, or how much free time you have available; there are tasks for a broad range of skill and commitment levels, and if you don't yet know how to do something for a task you want to take on, we'll work with you to find a way to learn.
 2008 and 2009 testing
Community testing group had weekly Community testing meetings on IRC, focusing on
- G1G1 Activity testing
- testing the 8.2.1 release, using a lot of test cases summarized in Test cases 8.2.1 coordinated by a Test manager
- smoke tests for 8.2.1 (and earlier quick smoke test for release 8.2.0)
- Creating new test cases and Reporting test results in a (probably obsolete as of 2010) test case results system.