Sexual health information & HIV/AIDS prevention.
- Collaboration with international AIDS organizations is recommended for material targeted at older children. Possible partners include the Nkosi Johnson AIDS Foundation in South Africa.
- The program 'the World starts with me' is a complete digital curriculum on sexual health and hiv/aids prevention. It was developed for Uganda and is currently being adapted for other countries. see: http://www.theworldstarts.org/
- WHO HIV Infections page
- Y-RISE: The Service-Learning and HIV/AIDS Initiative
- Y-RISE mobilizes young people in the fight against AIDS, combining research, tool development, training, and program implementation to bridge the gap between academic knowledge and direct service.
- AIDSinfo is a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) project that offers the latest federally approved information on HIV/AIDS clinical research, treatment and prevention, and medical practice guidelines for people living with HIV/AIDS, their families and friends, health care providers, scientists, and researchers. Also available in Spanish as infoSIDA.
- NIAID HIV/AIDS page (National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH)
- Schools and Health Downloads and links page. The UNAIDS Inter-Agency Task Team on Education and HIV/AIDS established a working group to help countries in sub-Saharan Africa to “accelerate the education sector response to HIV&AIDS”. Partnership for Child Development is the umbrella organization.
- UNESCO HIV/AIDS Impact on Education Clearinghouse
- The Women and Health Learning Package
- Papua New Guinea materials
- Developing a health education intervention to be evaluated on the OLPCs in Mozambique, specifically geared towards HIV/AIDS education
- OLPC-Tanzania (Project Leader-Asad Moten): XO laptops for Health education specifically HIV/AIDS prevention, diagnosis, and treatment at tertiary clinics and schools in rural Tanzania.
- Contact User:Jumpbean