The nutrition project aims to create educational tools for children to learn about diet, exercise, and nutrition.
- Informational materials
- Interactive learning tools (i.e. games)
- Connect food to cultures/religions/geographical regions
- See Food Force game being ported to XO
- Dietary analysis application
Links to educational materials
This section is for posting links to materials that can be used for developing educational activities. The source of data should always be noted, so that in case that the information is contested, we can take a look at the original documents.
A product of the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations), this is already translated into a number of languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, Farsi, French, Greek, Bahasa Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Kiswahili). FMFH is an international classroom for exploring the problems of hunger, malnutrition and food insecurity. Feeding Minds, Fighting Hunger is designed to help equip and encourage teachers, students and young people all over the world to actively participate in creating a world free from hunger. You will find lesson modules for teachers, resources and activities for young people and an interactive forum for exchanging information and experiences around the world.
Nutrition Education in Primary Schools
A PLANNING GUIDE FOR CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT (English/French) http://www.fao.org/docrep/009/a0333e/a0333e00.htm
- The Planning Guide is a resource package comprising three elements:
- Vol. 1: The Reader
- Vol. 2: The Activities
- The Classroom Curriculum Chart
This section contains data that will later be edited and sorted into the health-library. These library data will become available to the XO users for reference purposes. The data may also be used in the development of activities.
Most of the information is taken from USDA.
- Mika - I am interested in developing a teaching tool for nutrition and exercise.
- The MOST project USAID micronutrient program
- Institute for Food Technologists education page