There are a number of OLPC pilot schools that are working with children, teachers and communities in the field. Many of these are in smaller rural towns.
Here is a Google Map of the current trial schools, also showing countries having bought XO laptops and countries benefiting from the G1G1 program.
 Africa - Middle East
- Najmi (Muthanna province), village school - see also  "Iraq’s Schoolchildren Get Computers with U.S. Help"
- Sao Paulo, EMEF Ernani Silva Bruno school - see also  "Brazil to receive first OLPC notebooks"
- Porto Alegre, EEEF Luciana de Abreu school - see also  "Inside One Laptop per Child: Episode 04",  "OLPC tv"
- Port au Prince, John Branchizio school - see also  "Waveplace in Haiti"
50,000 laptops ordered
270,000 laptops ordered
- Paramaribo - see also  "Suriname to pilot Laptop programme per child"
100,000 laptops ordered
15,000 laptops ordered by Birmingham city (Alabama)
- Birmingham, Glen Iris Elementary School - see also  "Birmingham approves low-cost laptop project "
- Cambridge, King Open School - see also  "King Open School wiki"
- New York City, KAPPA IV middle school - see also  "OLPC in NYC"
- Bronx (New York), Carl C. Icahn Charter School
- St John (Virgin Islands), Guy Benjamin School - see also  "Waveplace in the US Virgin Islands"
- Janagal (Kavre), Janajyoti school - see also Project Sunrise
- Lakuri Bhanjyang (Kathmandu), Shree Bashuki school
- Lamatar (Kathmandu), Bishwamitra school
- Pir Wadhai (Rawalpindi), Atlas Public School
- Islamabad, Mehfooz Shahid Dil Model School
- Lubang Integrated School, Lubang, Mindoro island (Pending).