The Physics Game Jam is an OLPC Jam devoted towards producing physics-based games, levels and demos for the XO. The Physics Game Jam will be held August 29, 2008–August 31, 2008 in Cambridge MA. Tell your friends (and physicist enemies)!
 What will we be doing?
In ~48 hours, teams of 2-4 will each design, program and playtest a game for the XO using the new physics engine.
 Remote Participation
The Physics Jam's remote participation component will be conducted using various mediums:
- Video broadcasting of events will occur at http://www.justin.tv/physicsjam . This includes the award ceremony on Sunday.
- Conversation and help with development will occur at irc.freenode.net #olpc-activities
- Trajectory ballistics game
- Pyramid construction game (move the giant blocks using rollers to win!)
- Physics-infused vector graphics editor
Others? This is a wiki! Click edit to add them! :)
 Invitation Email
Hi friends, A physics game competition will be occurring August 29-31 in Cambridge, MA. (location TBD). There will be categories for remote entries, youth, professional, and independent game developers. There will be XOs and other sweet prizes for the best entries! Last summer, at the Boston Game Jam, the pros got destroyed. We're secretly hoping for a repeat ;) Save the date, and help spread the word. Feel free to pass this email on or post these images on your website. For more details, see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Physics_Jam , or reply to this thread! In physics we trust, Brian Jordan
1 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Venue specifics will be based on number of attendees, though it will likely be around this area.