Physics meetings/July 10, 2008
A transcript is available at 
- Find who is still interested in helping to develop Elements, which has applications in physics teaching, simple game creation for the XO
- Come up with ideas/suggestions about Physics, a Box2D based playground
- Talk more more about jminor's use of multitouch with respect to box2d
- Choose a common format and integrate it with Eric's JBox2D engine so that physics classrooms that already have computers can help develop fun physics scenes for the XO as well - See: Physics File Format
- jminor brings up : ways to draw polygons fast on the XO... I was frustrated with both gtk and SDL's performance
- see also old discussions at game development
- Game-related activities would benefit from speed tests (such as Physics engines/Speed tests) as well.
- try forming a speed tests page
- we're considering running an OLPC Physics Jam (Physics Game Jam?) in late August in Boston.
- when are people free? sj suggests Aug 23-24.
Alex says : I have two ideas for projects
- 1) playground game (for learning physics)
- 2) incredible machine game (for puzzle solving)
- Seek opportunities to coordinate activities with textual content bundles (ideally with lesson plans) or real world lab experiments (e.g. UNESCO microscience labs), each leveraging off the other.