Talk:OLPCorps USU Rwanda
Please give us feedback:
 Draft thoughts
Hi Ashley, Greg, and Alexander,
Your project's demographic and goals (offering orphans the chance to learn the English language and basic financial planning) are great. Some thoughts:
- This seems like a great opportunity for project based learning. Financial and English skills are both found and useful in the wider community, and could be a chance to engage the kids on a project that addresses real world problems.
- Will the kids own the laptops?
- Will power be available for the laptops in the long term?
- You might be interested in the Finance activity: http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4040
- Since Rwanda is making a push towards English-centered education, any work towards this -- specifically with Sugar on the XO-1, is especially relevant.
I hope this helps, be in touch!
--Bjordan 19:10, 24 March 2009 (UTC)