Under a Tree
Getting into the Configuration
- Go to a location where it occurs naturally.
- No School server.
- No AP.
- No MPP.
- Force the laptops into it manually.
- Go to the root menu in one of the terminals
- Create file /etc/NetworkManager/mesh-start on all laptops (tests should be done with at least 2 XO's and preferably 3)
- w/ text:
- Reboot the laptop.
Checking that laptops are in the local Configuration
- The file /etc/resolv.conf should be empty.
- The laptop should have a bad IP address: to check...
- Type ifconfig in a terminal.
- Second line of msh0 has the address.
- If it starts with 169.xx.yy.zz it is bad. (172.xx.yy.zz is good)
- Alternatively: laptop should not be able to browse the internet.
- The laptop should only see other XO's, which are nearby, in the mesh view.