Raffy Mananghaya, DBA, has a long experience in development work and taught Development Management and Technology Management in two campuses of the University of the Philippines System. He may be reached via raffymn _at_ yahoo _._ c o m.
Raffy conceptualized EMinima, which he described in March 2005 as follows:
- EMinima is a set of minimalist software for interaction between a client and a change agent using a PC or a number of PCs in a network. A software is included in EMinima if it satisfies the following criteria:
- It is free or open-source software, preferably released under the GNU GPL.
- The least amount of effort or resources is required for it to actually perform the task.
- It enables the change agent to easily store and carry both software and data.
- Local support can be made available for both clients and change agents.
- EMinima came out of the vision of bringing interactive Internet technology to the grassroots.
Currently, Raffy works for the Institute of Cooperatives and Bio-Enterprise Development, University of the Philippines.