Welcome to the One Laptop per Child wiki. Please make yourself at home; read through the Table of Contents and FAQ, and take a look around. If you need a general wiki-tutorial, Wikieducator has some excellent ones.
Some possible pages of interest:
- OS images for emulation - so you can install Sugar and get tinkering
- OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines - for designing interfaces
- Etoys - paint as a programming tool; I bet you could come up with some sweet stuff for this.
- Game_development - we'll need testers for the tools soon; it's a good chance for you to learn how to program.
- There's a huge need for explanatory graphics like this that can explain both the laptop technology (would you be interested in helping with documentation, possibly in comic book format?) and the organization of materials (the linked picture shows one proposal for the library) to people without relying heavily on written language. Let me know if you're interested.
- Artwork_Common_Room - there's not much here yet; would you and Jessi be interested in helping us start an artists' community?
- Choosing_image_formats - notes on uploading images to the wiki.
There's a lot to do, and it all depends on what you're interested in and how much time you have - take a look around and give me a ping, and we'll find a spot for you. Feel free to leave me a note on my talk page if you have further questions or need help finding your way around. -Mel
Jessi is awesome!
Without Jessi, everyone at the Game Jam would slowly starve to death. Hurrah for Jessi and foodness!