Yalp - Fun with Audio Sampling
- Record your voice - or anything - and play it at various speeds
- Reverse it, mix it, warp it. Without having any experience editing audio.
- Play a song - with your sound effect as the instrument
- Write a list of notes (a b c) and play your own song
- Combine several of these "songs" into a cacaphonus masterpiece
- It should be designed so that a user can just start clicking stuff, fun stuff will happen, and
- The user should not have to know what they are doing.
- Stimulate thinking of how to specify notes to make a tune.
Simple, organic interface
- It's a toy, make it fun
- Shouldn't have menus/lists/boring stuff
- The XOs have mics, which is cool.
- I have written much of the audio-processing code. It just needs a good interface.
- It is currently written in Python. If necessary, the core engine can be written as an extension in C.
- Collaboration and/or sending sounds to friends? (Think about this later)
- For the curious, YALP is play backwards