Template talk:Latest Releases
I'd like the Latest Releases box to be much simpler, and to be consistent from entry to entry. Currently:
- the XO-1 and XO-1.5 tags link to two very different things, certainly not to model specific pages,
- the title links to another quite different thing,
- firmware is placed between stable and development operating system releases,
- there are links to the download directories before the links to the release notes or installation guide.
I think the box should guide users to a page that describes the release, and that page would include download pointers. I'd go ahead and edit, but User:Sj and User:Holt are obviously editing as well, so I'm offering to discuss it first. --Quozl 06:32, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
The new colors seem too harsh. The date colum wraps on IE and Chrome.
- See Sandbox/Latest Releases for a place to test alternate styles. --FGrose 18:45, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
What about adding XO-1.75 to the table. I know it is under development still, but developers surely visit this wiki too and the navigation would be easier for them.--Kozuch 10:56, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
- Once XO-1.75 prototypes become generally available to community developers we can justify this. At the moment the only samples are in the hands of the engineering team. What would be really nice is synchronised releases across all hardware models so that the latest releases template would not list hardware models. --Quozl 20:49, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
This date is in future!--Kozuch 18:43, 15 March 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, apparently intentional. The release is not yet finished. That's a planned date. --Quozl 21:11, 15 March 2011 (UTC)