Repair center locations
This page is a list of community groups and grassroots businesses who have started (or are in the process of starting) laptop repair centers. The groups listed are separate from OLPC and are run by volunteers, but generally have great technical knowledge and experience to repair broken computers, including XO laptops.
NOTE: These volunteer-run repair centers DO NOT fix XO Tablets. For XO Tablet support please visit www.xotablet.com
The centers listed below are run by volunteers that are independent and not affiliated or otherwise related to OLPC. OLPC CANNOT endorse their quality of work, and WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE if anything is lost or damaged.
Repair centers may cease operation at any time without notice, so you MUST directly contact the repair center you want to work on your XO Laptop to make sure:
- They still exist
- That they are willing to work on your problem
- To determine their current shipping/payment terms
- And to verify that you have their current correct address
Main article Spare parts
Outside of repair centers, many spare parts are also for sale separately at http://ilovemyxo.com. If you're the kind of person that prefers to to fix your own XO Laptop you may want to put together your own Repair Center Kit!
Map of repair centers
See Map of repair centers - please add your location to the map if you have a repair center!
Current repair centers
Most repair centers operate via mail order (low-cost shipping) so even if there isn't one close by you can usually still get yours fixed.
Interested in helping out? Add a single link below to your repair center's main page!
IMPORTANT NOTE: These are NOT repair centers for XO Tablets. For XO Tablet support please visit www.xotablet.com. Do NOT mail your XO Tablet to any of the addresses below as they will be unable to help you.
- Michigan - Mid-Michigan XO Lending Library minor repairs
- San Francisco, CA - OLPC SF Repair
- Marysville, WA - Marysville OLPC Repair Lab - Tulalip, Washington
- Mesa, AZ - OLPC az Repair
- Bellingham, WA - Bellingham repair center (BLIXO)
- Charlotte, NC - [S.T.E.M./Community Computer Lab at A Better World After School via OLPC volunteer William-NC] by appointment. free repairs, training, computer safety
- Winnipeg, MB - OLPC Repair - MB, Canada
Bashuki - School repair center managed by Manoj Ghimire,contact OLE Nepal
Bishwamitra - School repair center managed by Neema Lama,contact OLE Nepal
All the repair works are currently being carried out from OLE Nepal office managed by Aman Maharjan & Subir Pradhanang
Leiden - Spare parts repair via Marten VijnClosed per 1 April 2011
Maastricht, foundation OpenWijs.nl, Hoenderstraat 3, 6211EL -  Since 1 April 2011-> likely outdated as openwijs.nl stopped its olpc activities ChristophD 15:07, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Innsbruck - AlpXO-> likely outdated as User:Dogi moved to Boston a while ago ChristophD 15:07, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Potential repair centers
Please put a single link to your repair center's page, along with a link and contact info!
- Middletown, CT - Middletown Childrens Project at Wesleyan University via Kate Davis
- Aurora, IL - IMSA Service Model
- Glenview, IL - ILXO office
- Palos Hills, IL - Moraine Valley Community College
- Pittsburgh, PA - Carnegie Mellon University via ttuttle
- Seattle, WA - SeaXO
- Berlin - email@example.com via User:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weinstadt - Weinstadt repair center via Stefan
- Tübingen (near Stuttgart) - Sascha Silbe
- London and Southern England
email@example.com - OLPC UK/Lending Library and Repair Centre
- Northern England and Wales
- Scotland and Northern Ireland
- South West England
Get Involved! Meet Others who will Support You!
1. Please email < holt AT laptop DOT org > your phone number, to discuss your plans! Include a basic outline of your repair center proposal, and which business model(s) and/or volunteering model(s) you are considering towards sustainability. Be sure to include all the best times of the week when you want OLPC to call you back.
3. Finally, consider joining OLPC's 100+ Community Support Volunteers who are driving many of these plans forward.