Illinois Math and Science Academy Chapter
This is the wiki-homepage of the Illinois Math and Science Academy Chapter. We are similar to a University chapter; however, we are a public, selective, residential 10th-12th grade institution in Aurora, Illinois. We were the first high school chapter in the world.
 Ongoing Projects
- IMSA Service Model Research Project
- Intersession 2009: ILXO Deployment in Boston, MA
- Organizing a Chicago area bulk purchase
- Setting up an Off grid power test lab
- Letter writing campaign for low cost laptop bill
 Small group projects
We are working in small groups on a few separate experiments. Many were started during our intersession week of January 7-11, 2008.
 Chapter Wide Goals
- Organizing a summer research group
- Developing an after-school program for Elementary Students near IMSA
- Evangelizing more K-12 chapters around the world
 Completed Projects
- Presented at the ILCTO meeting in November 2007
- Rewrote Emulating_the_XO/Quick_Start/Windows in January 2008
- Presented at the Chicago OLPC Grassroots Group meeting in January 2008
- Presented at IL-TCE in February 2008
Presenting at TECH2008 on May 7 in Springfield, IL(accepted, but TECH2008 was cancelled)
- Ran a student showcase session at NECC 2008 in San Antonio, TX
- Ran a BoF at NECC 2008 in San Antonio, TX
- Presented at K12OMC in September, 2008 in Indianapolis, IN
 XOs on campus
There are currently many XOs on IMSA's campus, but not all of them work properly. If you are interested in playing with a machine, or in helping to fix machines as a part of [IMSA Service Model Research Project] contact Alex Goins, Jim Gerry or Scott Swanson.
 List of XOs on IMSA Campus
|Machine Number||Machine Model||With Whom||Problems||Colors (head/body)|
|1||G1||Alex Goins||Extra antenna||Cyan/Cyan|
For reference, [*] means that the XO is part of our IMSA Service Model Research Project.
If you are an XO owner and live in the Aurora area, and are willing to lend your XO to IMSA for special projects temporarily, please contact Scott Swanson. We would be forever grateful!
 Contact Information
- 2009-2010: Alex Goins
- 2009-2010: Sara Akgul, Jason Olson, Gabi Heller, Vlad Kontsevoi, Varun Pilla
Collaborators- Uchenna Agwuncha, Chrissy Mourafetis, Nilesh Kavthekar, Courtney Smith, Lydia Matthews, Maunie Hayat, Monica Kozbial, Marat Purnyn, Upashruti Agrawal, Xiaoyu Li, Natasha Arvanitis, Richard Song, Justin Novak, Diliana Dimitrova, Yusuf Aktan, Erik Luo, Nhan Huynh, Jelani Rowland, Dorcas Washington
Advisers- Scott Swanson and Jim Gerry
Past Advisors- Brian Sea