Repairs mailing list
Requesting a public mailing list for discussion about repair center infrastructures, and for communication/tip-swapping between different repair centers. The intended audience is people who are running or who want to run an XO repair center. Note that this will not be a place where people request repairs to be done on their laptops!
We need 10 signatures to start this list, I believe - so sign on below.
- Mel Chua
- Ian Daniher
- Steve Holton - volunteered as moderator
- Alan Claver
- Sandy Culver
- SJ Klein
- Ixo x ixO
- Caryl Bigenho
Repair tutorial wishlist
Please add to this!
- take off keyboard and reassemble without cleaning (worked for me) -- Davewa 13:15, 29 May 2008 (EDT)
- take off keyboard and clean under membrane with alcohol
- new keyboard (done)
- USB keyboard
- if your keyboard has already failed, you can't use an external USB keyboard unless you disconnect the internal keyboard
- replace with clicky keyboard [requires dremel/drilling holes] - find on instructables
- this keyboard doesn't provide AltGr (and several other XO keys) -- Davewa 13:15, 29 May 2008 (EDT)
- rub chalk dust on touchpad to fix jumpy touchpad
- replace board (done)
- USB mouse
- replace wireless ears (done)
- replace light bar (done)
- where can these be found/bought?
- swapping XO man colors (done)