< XO Korea
- Learned from user:Xavi's page for Spanish.
- Redirected from [[Korean]] to [[XO Korea/Korean]] . For old version, see XO Korea/Korean/old version.
|Countries||South Korea (한국), North Korea (조선), Korean Chinese(조선족), Koreans in Japan (재일동포), Koreans in the USA (재미교포), Koreans in the old Soviet Unions (고려인).|
|ISO/FDIS 639-3:||kor |
- Character sets
- Unicode supported.
- see Hangul
- OLPC Korean Keyboard will fully supports the language
- Input methods
- except for 'standard' keyboard and touchpad would suffice for general use, although special considerations would be needed for physical disabilities.
- Speech synthesis
- there is not so wide variances region to region compared to other languages such as Chinese.
- Dictionaries, Spelling Checkers, Thesaurus
- are very much developed in Korean
- Character recognition
ㄱ, ㄴ, ㄷ, ㄹ, ㅁ, ㅂ, ㅅ, ㅇ, ㅈ, ㅊ, ㅋ, ㅌ, ㅍ, ㅎ ㅏ, ㅑ, ㅓ, ㅕ, ㅗ, ㅛ, ㅜ, ㅠ, ㅡ, ㅣ
- Traditionally, dates are all numeric in the YY/MM/DD or YYYY/MM/DD. if necessary, the day of week is written at the last. In the formula official document of government, it separated by dot and white space(YYYY. MM. DD.) and has not the day of week.
- use the -9,999.99 format (coma for thousands and period for decimal, prefix sign).
- KRW, won. -￦9,999.99
48,000,000 South Korea official (2006) 22,200,000 North Korea estimation (2002) 1,600,000 Koreans in Japan estimation (2002) 1,900,000 Korean Chinese official (2006) 200,000 Korean in Old Soviet estimation (2006) 2,000,000 Korean in the USA estimation (2006) 75,900,000 TOTAL