This page is monitored by the OLPC team.
For the general public
Image:Support-banner-square.png|173px|community support pages
rect 0 0 135 204 
rect 135 0 345 204 Support FAQ
rect 0 205 135 408 
- Comment : there's some whitespace here:
rect 135 205 345 408 Other support
- maybe desc none is better. testing.
Welcome to the OLPC Wiki Support page. You can find the answer to many of your technical questions through the resources listed here. Many problems can be solved by updating to the latest stable release.
Manuals, Guides and FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- Support FAQ: Check our FAQ for a growing "Knowledge Base" of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Getting Started Guide: This is an interactive HTML guide for recent 2010/2011 software especially that will help you start using your OLPC fast!
- For the previous version for 2007/08 software, click here.
Things to try with your new XO Laptop!
Sugar Learning Platform Manuals
Tech Support & Troubleshooting
- Take a look at our many community forums below for more direct tech assistance and responses.
- If you're completely stuck, email email@example.com (our OLPC technical staff), including a detailed description of your problem. We apologize all emails are not answered right away!
- If you want to provide help to others, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join our friendly team of Community Support Volunteers, either online or in person in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Just send us a quick note detailing your talents, motivations and a phone number. Thanks!
- If your XO's screen does not turn on when you press the power button, but the power LED lights up, you might have a d6 failure. See a volunteer repair center for help.
XO laptop owners are passionate about helping each other, in keeping with OLPC's constructionist learning mission within developing countries. You too can learn about the XO and its activities, collaborating on the issues that matter to you most, by exploring OLPC's many great community forums:
- Support Forum - If you can't find your questions on the wiki, ask them on the newly relaunched community forum website.
- XO roadshows - See the XO in action
- Read/Comment on OLPC contributors' blogged newsbits:
- Educators and others may get involved at many different levels:
You can find local repair centers in many locations around the world for local hardware repairs and replacement. We encourage the students to be involved in the repair as much as possible. Some ideas on this have been written up in the Laptop Service Program Ideas.
We strongly encourage you to get involved by initiating/joining a local users group, many of which are listed above.
See Disassembly for instructions on taking apart your XO. Do NOT remove the watch battery on the mother board if you disassemble your machine; prior to the Q2D07 version of firmware, this can result in the computer becoming unusable.
See also the other pages in Category:Repair
- Please contribute in any way — as a Tech Writer in a professional capacity — or as a part-time volunteer. Dive right in, using our Wikipedia-style "edit" or "create account" buttons at the top of every page, or please send your phone number to: email@example.com (Thanks!)
If you have a problem using your XO, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (our OLPC technical staff).
We are also interested in your suggestions for enhancements to our system.
Community input and collaboration is vital to the success of OLPC. Thank you for your participation.
(For engineering and technical developers, see reporting bugs and our tracking system.)
Older Support Page & Demo Notes
Our Older Tech-Oriented Support Page is increasingly dated, but may offer archival context to the technically savvy.