Getting Started, Troubleshooting Resources
- Learn about your XO laptop and what it can do here: http://laptop.org/start
- For common problems, please check our Troubleshooting Guide.
- If your XO laptop is damaged—and you received it through the Give1Get program—please call 800-201-7144.
- If you are stuck, please email us at "help AT laptop.org"; please include a detailed description of your problem.
- Check our Support FAQ, which is our brand-new and quickly growing "Knowledge Base" of Frequently Asked Questions. Also check the wider Official OLPC FAQ.
- Join our community forums—below—for more direct participation and responses.
XO laptop owners are passionate about helping each other, in keeping with OLPC's constructionist learning mission within developing countries. You too can learn about the XO and its activities, collaborating on the issues that matter most to you, by exploring OLPC's many great community forums:
- Join one or several mailing lists at: http://lists.laptop.org.
For example: olpc-open
For example: community-support
For example: community-news
For example: grassroots
- Read/Comment on OLPC developers' blogged newsbits:
- Soon we expect Live Chat on the web. Today you can download IRC chat software and join the conversation immediately, exploring many OLPC chat channels.
- You can access IRC on your xo laptop using the XoIRC activity.
- Educators and others may get involved at many different levels:
Or email "volunteers AT laptop.org"
Further Documentation Forthcoming
- A number of people are working on more formal manuals. Links will be posted here when these become mature.
- Up-to-date Release Notes are forthcoming, as XO software upgrades are released going forward into 2008.
Support and Maintenance
Each location worldwide is encouraged to establish a tech support center for hardware repairs and replacement. We encourage the students to be involved in the repair as much as possible. Some ideas on this have been written up in the Laptop Service Program Ideas.
How do I report a bug?
We are very interested in bug reports. Please report bugs by sending email to "bugs AT laptop.org". Developers, please continue to file bugs in our tracking system.
We are also interested in your suggestions for enhancements to our system.
Community input and collaboration is vital to the success of OLPC. Thank you for your participation.
Older Support Page & Demo Notes
Our Older Tech-Oriented Support Page is increasingly outdated, but may offer archival context to the technically savvy.