- Click the [+] tab above to add a new section to this; put -- ~~~~ at the end of your contributions to sign them.
- If you're inviting people to meet up, provide your contact information! You can login/register to this wiki and create a user page.
- 1 Misc
- 2 Orange County ?!
- 3 old European interest
- 4 United States
- 5 Would like to start a group..........................
- 6 join my group
- 7 Atlanta, GA
- 8 ~Malaysia~
- 9 ~Sri Lanka~
- 10 Creating a country group Democratic republic of Congo
- 11 Uganda
The link to the OLPC Brasil group doesn't work: http://digitalmediauniverse.blogspot.com
- Removed, thanks -- skierpage 09:48, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
Orange County ?!
I am looking for the critical mass to form an Orange County, CA user group. Please post your interest.
old European interest
(from obsolete XO_Giving/Users page)
If you don't provide contact info or sign your post, there's not much point in saying "Let's meet!"
Mine arrived today. Great machine, I wished you could buy them through regular channels.
I have one now in the South Dublin area. Does anyone else in Ireland have one? Feel like getting geeky in a pub?
I have one in Mallorca. Is there anybody else here with an XO?
I have ordered 2 XO laptops through G1G1. When the laptops arrive to me it will be possible to look and feel them at Stockholm Linux User Group http://stockholm.lug.se/
Has anybody else in Switzerland or elsewhere in Europe ordered an XO through "Give 1 Get 1" (through a friend in 'North America', obviously...) ? Leave a note here to network (and to discuss how to advance this with our ministery of education...). Vorburger 15:05, 25 November 2007 (EST)
I have ordered a laptop to be delivered to my home (in Vermont) Hopefully I'll have it and am based in Leeds UK now anyone else getting one?
- Update Still waiting on arrival. In theory it would have been delivered to home on January 15th, but as of the 17th still no laptop. Will update once it finally arrives. Seeing as I am based in Leeds without any means of transportation it looks like I'll only be able to meetup with DanielDrake --Koolkat 07:15, 18 January 2008 (EST)
London here, if there is any other please get in touch! --Fbrutsch 11:16, 1 January 2008 (EST)
I live in Bournemouth but am in Reading and London most weeks. --Dave Crossland 12th January 2008
I have one, studying in Manchester but at home in Hertfordshire (nr London) during the holidays. -DanielDrake 06:50, 18 January 2008 (EST)
- Another student I know at the university (Manchester) has ordered a G1G1 which should be arriving soon. -DanielDrake 05:47, 19 January 2008 (EST)
Mine has arrived in Chicago, and will very shortly be en route to me in the UK --Robert Baskerville 19th January 2008
Two laptops at The Hamilton School in Aberdeen. Anyone else outside of England have an XO? - Clawrie 20:35, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
Mine arrived on Thursday 5 June 2008, after a gruelling 6 month wait - part waiting for OLPC to deliver to the US, and part waiting for my friend in the US to forward it on to me. I live in South Yorkshire and would love to speak to other XO users locally and in the UK. --Dave Lee 18:02, 6 June 2008 (EDT)
Tampa or St. Petersburg Florida area have one? I like the concept very much and would be interested in seeing a local group form. 184.108.40.206C. Malllardi
I live in Santa Rosa Beach Florida (NW) and would be interested in volunteering or being in a group/forming??? email@example.com
Would like to start a group..........................
My name is Bradd Dantuma and i would like to start a One Laptop Per Child group in Grand Rapids, Michigan......anyone intersted please contact me at BDantuma@gmail.com........Thank you
join my group
My name is Mikail El_yakub, i'm looking foward to start a group in Kaduna, Nigeria. any one that is passionately interested should contact me through firstname.lastname@example.org or 2348034460818, 2347069204435--
My name is Kristin and I am very interested in starting a program like this in the Atlanta area. If anyone else is interested please contact me at email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.
My name is Zhong Wai ,17 years old and i would like to start a One Laptop Per Child group in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia Anyone intersted ? Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org........Thank you
Hi there, I wish to setup a group to start working on One Laptop Per Child for Northern & Eastern Provinces of Sri Lanka. Knowledge is power! Let's provide the option for the next generation to be powerful!Please join! Tgnana 03:53, 12 November 2010 (UTC) Gnana
Creating a country group Democratic republic of Congo
After watching several videos and stories of people around the world,I have noticed that Congo is nowhere in the program , I would like take this opportunity to help the children in the DR Congo .
- What a pitty, he didn't leave his contact data / signature. --SvenAERTS 11:53, 16 May 2013 (UTC) Here's to where we've taken things: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/RDC
Hello, my name is Josephat O. Oroma, and am interested in starting a group in Uganda and am looking forward to having members to this group for possible active discussions and outreach programs for OLPC in technology starved country side of Uganda.