|NOTE: The contents of this page are not set in stone, and are subject to change!
This page is a draft in active flux ...
These are sample materials that were being reviewed for content releases in 2007.
Material that has already been (or is in the process of being) packaged for the XO is listed on the collections page.
You can help by:
- Adding new collection suggestions, in all languages, to content repository and its talk page.
- Reviewing/curating proposed collections. See below.
- Packaging collections. See creating a content bundle.
NOTE: For some of these archives, Content repository may have links to OLPC-specific selections. Check there when creating/updating each archive page. Other relevant info to check for each archive: Curators and coordinators
- a full Fedora repository
- Developer tools used in build construction
- Wikipedia [2-5GB], archive.org, Gutenberg Texts (this is not Project Gutenberg)
- Wikimedia Commons, Flickr
- Jamendo, archive.org music
- Free media collections : Flickr, Wikimedia Commons
- Music : Freesound, Free Music Project
- Texts: Project Gutenberg, Wikipedia, Wikijunior, Wikibooks;
- Stories: ICDL, School Library,
- Language: OmegaWiki, (WiktionaryZ), Dicologos and Universal dictionary system
- Reference collections: the Human Development Library, eGranary
Projects and Collections
- Avallain literacy and basic skills learning
- The World Digital Library portal
- Stories: Our Stories project, with Story Corps, UNICEF, and Google - capturing local stories
- Book scanning and digitization: public domain materials (archival support from the Internet Archive), cultural materials, (support from the World Digital Library)
- Tutorials and HowTos: (WikiEducator Content, WikiHow
- OER subcollections: (Curriki and OER Commons and Connexions and CK12)
- Kuku/For_Testers - math game specifically designed for the XO
- Ping individual curators
- Figure out size constraints
- Initial selection
- Gathering collection scripts
- Making build for XO