User talk:Sj/Archive2008

From OLPC

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

broken link

Your "Official work page" returns "Sorry. This page is currently unavailable."

Content meeting request

Hi SJ - Wanted to check in and see if some of us could meet with you for additional questions about wikislices. For example, who builds the slices? Also, who insures the content is accurate and appropriate? How do those slices get deployed on the XO machines? Do teachers have a way to request or build a wikislice themselves (would he or she just request it on the wikipedia wikislices project page?) Thanks! annegentle 13:54, 11 April 2008 (EDT)

Right now wikislices are determined by the editors of the relevant page; and they pull the latest content from the wiki in question. Future features include identifying specific revisions of pages, having a 'reviewed' flag for each article+revision, and contribution to a wikislice from an XO (say, by posting a set of words + a topic to a requests-for-wikislice page). Zdenek is a good person to talk to about how that might work. We're having a wikislice related discussion tomorrow aft EST, if you're around. --Sj talk 22:58, 11 April 2008 (EDT)

Thanks for the info and pointer to Zdenek, very useful, especially the bundles of xol files, good to know and peruse. Michael Priestly and a few others at IBM wanted on the call but I probably can't get everyone notified by tomorrow, but I'm hoping Monday would work. Cjl is also interested so please do send call info for tomorrow's call, and also, please check availability on Monday (sorry for repeat requests but the interest is high). Thanks! annegentle 23:09, 11 April 2008 (EDT)

ALC request

Old account was Aclaver (not Aculver as you listed). I created a new account Alc to match your request that the TeamWiki user id match the RT and Wiki user ID.

Kids encyclopedia

Dear Samuel,

Thanks for taking the time to send me a comment on my blog. Im available most days of the week, as I currently am working for myself. Im based in Swansea in the UK. So phoning maybe rather on the expensive. However I would be happy to talk over skype. If you are willing to suggest a time I will be happy to chat. Preferably I would prefer to be in bed by 3am here.

So if you could give me an email back at jonhurlock/at/gmail /.com or add me on skype using jon_hurlock (yes theres and underscore in there, so please dont remove that, just remove slashes from the gmail account.).

Kind regards,

Jon Hurlock

Google SoC mentor for E-mail activity

The individual who wrote the Email_Activity wiki page asked me whether or not I would be interested in becoming a SoC mentor. I created a small page about me at PhilipVanHoof. I'm the author of the Tinymail framework, frequent GNOME contributor and foundation member. I'm on the team of software developers who developed the Modest E-mail client by Nokia, which uses the Tinymail framework. I also wrote TMut (a minimalistic E-mail client that uses Tinymail). Tinymail is a library/framework for building mobile E-mail clients (http://tinymail.org).

My E-mail is spam@pvanhoof.be, my GMail (which I don't use) is philip.vanhoof@gmail.com

Hola!

Hi! As usual you're monitoring recent changes! :) Great!

Yes, I'm coming back to life and noticed Lauren's notice in my talk page so I decided to answer that one asap, and then try to fully resurrect. I'll keep you posted (was writing en email to re-introduce myself). Xavi 21:19, 14 January 2008 (EST)

Video - Human Computation

SJ, happen to glance through one of your older versions of your User page. Cool video about human computation. Quite intertaining... hmmmm... interesting.. Thanks for sharing, --IainD 04:46, 15 January 2008 (EST)


Violent Games in the Activities?

Hi SJ,

What's your opinion on this issue? http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-January/009849.html

--Chihyu 12:36, 17 January 2008 (EST)

table test

NameSurnameHeight
JohnSmith1.85
RonRay1.89
MarioBianchi1.72
Average:1.82

see datasheets.

I'm just kicking myself...

for not paying closer attention and getting an OLPC XO during the GIGO... I like what you all have done with this wiki, it has some neat touches! ++Lar: t/c 22:31, 18 January 2008 (EST)

PS, I just added added [[OLPC:]] as http://wiki.laptop.org/go/$1 to meta:Interwiki map (that is, to http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Interwiki_map )... if that's not what you all had in mind please pop by the talk page. It looks like you're not using the interwiki map here though??? ++Lar: t/c 22:37, 18 January 2008 (EST)
Hello there, and welcome :-) not yet! see OLPC:Wiki and its talk page. --Sj leave me a message

a request

Contact OLPC page is protected with cascading option, so its translations bar cannot be modified now. Would you please change it? -- LeeSI 00:04, 19 January 2008 (EST)

done. --Sj leave me a message

de nada?

Just curious - which front page links? I've been in sweep mode -- cleaning my home for sale and trying to make the wiki, um, moderately readable ergo informative KatieStyle Nazi 11:49, 21 January 2008 (EST)

mediawiki extensions?

Moved to ... OLPC_talk:Wiki

I and others are gearing up a wiki welcome team (and supporting docs/pages). Can we get the Newuserlog extension installed to more easily welcome newbies? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/Newusers for an example usage you've probably looked at thousands of times over. ;) Mchua 14:57, 25 January 2008 (EST)

Also see Wiki getting started, which I think you'll appreciate. Mchua 15:43, 25 January 2008 (EST)

New info file spec

info file ---> bundle metadata

1pm sunday

Just confirming to check if you get my message regarding 1pm conference call on Sunday 27th. thanks. --Arjs 22:30, 26 January 2008 (EST)

yes, cheers. --Sj leave me a message


Teamwiki requests


This section has moved to OLPC:Requests for permissions. Please leave requests for teamwiki access and rt and other permissions there.


Health content xls files

With regard to the recently added support in wiki for viewing excel (xls) files created in google spreadsheet to be viewed as simple html tables within wiki. It'd be great if we could copy paste the contents of the various xls files there and use the wiki plugin to easily view them. See content section on health--Arjs 01:47, 29 January 2008 (EST)

GM clarification?

After our conversation on the nature of GM today, the GM section of the laptopfoundation.org website is not very explanatory according to my OLPC:Webpage_corrections_needed#laptopfoundation.org current understanding, and is something Walter or someone else with editing privs may want to fix. Mchua 00:32, 30 January 2008 (EST)

Community project review process

My notes from our talk over IRC today are on teamwiki at User:Mchua/Developers_program. Let me know if I'm still misunderstanding what you proposed. (I'm not wholly sure I agree with it yet, but I don't think I fully understand it yet - see the "cons" section of the community proposal - and want to make sure I "get it" before I voice an opinion.) Mchua 00:32, 30 January 2008 (EST)

University programs

Yeah, the page needs updating and more resources, as do grassroots groups. University program - or rather, Talk:University program - has some notes from today's conversations (not just with you, with other support-gangers and Arjun too) that need to be cleaned up and moved into mainpage eventually. Mchua 00:32, 30 January 2008 (EST)

dev program community implementation moved to public

here. Mchua 14:09, 30 January 2008 (EST)

re: repair center stuff on teamwiki

I'm hesitant to push all of that to public wiki, since Adam said he's like to work with me and Kim to port it (there's some stuff not ready to go public, though I don't know what that stuff is - I've asked). If Adam/Kim says ok, I would love to push it public. (Heck, I've been trying to do that for at least 2 weeks.) Can you poke them about this since you're physically adjacent? Mchua 14:12, 30 January 2008 (EST)

Music

I cannot but agree. My duties? Maintain the music wiki page and find people interested in helping us with new music content? Andriani 2:05, 31 January 2008 (EST)

peer-review for Health

How/what might be the first steps for peer review for the health pages ? thanks. ? --Arjs

RfA

The OLPC version of an RfA I would like to apply for admin access on the wiki. I am frequently getting math-based captchas which are really slowing down my wiki-editing. It has been reported that Admins do not have this problem. Also, I would like to be an admin for the purposes of mass revocation of vandalism. is for Insects 17:18, 4 February 2008 (EST)

RE: zine work

You mean from the wiki? Not really, most of the cool stuff is in isforinsect's flickr group. Not exactly sure what you mean... ffm 19:33, 5 February 2008 (EST)

OLPC Europe.

Sj, great idea.... new section created.. Weekly_zine/0/OLPC_Europe have them update with summary of what they are working on.. Thanks for keeping your eyes open to new ideas! :) --ixo 03:03, 8 February 2008 (EST)

Zine - translations and /About page. :)

sj,

Added zine/About page, put an area to acknowledge translators..

 Weekly_zine/About#Translations_by

Please have translators update the acks, when they do translations so they can get recognized. :)

Thanks for the idea on the /About page, --ixo 03:54, 10 February 2008 (EST)


off grid power notes are up

Off grid power should be up to date with the stuff I've pieced together. care to take a gander? Mchua 04:21, 10 February 2008 (EST)

Math logo

Hi SJ,

Here is an XO math logo (that is perhaps too clever for its own good). —Joe 23:54, 10 February 2008 (EST)

how to use a wiki page

discovered today that we have a How to use a wiki page, which may or may not fit into your/FFM's grand scheme of policy-creation (which I will subsequently add large "CHANGE THIS!" headers to.) possibly redundant with Wiki getting started. I'm trying to figure out how regulated/anarchic you want this place to be... 66.108.80.238 19:07, 15 February 2008 (EST)

I've translated the call to free content

It's at [1]. It is in european Portuguese, but it's also understandable by brasilians, as I didn't use fancy portugal-specific terms. HoboPrimate 14:21, 16 February 2008 (EST)

Color corrected images

Image:NleeXOman.svg
Image:NleeXOman.png

--Nikki 01:22, 17 February 2008 (EST)

Remove dormant account

SJ, I have 2 accounts on the wiki. I'm not using the DMSerley account. Could you remove it?

--AuntiMame 14:18, 17 February 2008 (EST)

Millenium Village Project

I contacted some people at Columbia U, who does Millenium Village Project. They said that plans are underway to introduce XOs to Millenium Villages.

--User:Mika 12:57, 18 Feburary 2008 (EST)

(actually, they're just thinking about 'computers' in general, not specifically XOs..)

--User:Mika 15:05, 18 Feburary 2008 (EST)

remove fetchInterwiki.pl from mediawiki

maintenance/fetchInterwiki.pl is ancient, removable. poke Aevar.

update interwiki.sql to include wikipedia?

Translation subpages

I've been looking at Uncategorized Pages and I see a lot of subpages in the form of:

http;//wiki.laptop.org/go/SomePage/translations

Am I correct in my belief that using these subpages are created by the use of the templates, Translation or Translations?

If so, would it be possible and/or desirable for that subpage to be created with a pre-existing category of some sort so that it doesn't end up in Uncategorized?

Cjl 23:25, 24 February 2008 (EST)

Clarification: I grok the DIY ethos of the wiki, but making temmplate modifications goes beyond my personal wiki-wisdom and a change that could effect so many pages should probably be done by someone with more expertise.

Cjl 13:39, 25 February 2008 (EST)

work on translation templates

{{translations}} now tells you to copy/paste a reasonable default to the translation list page if it's missing.

{{translation}} now includes an optional "none" argument that should makes it function like a quasi-redirect. This uses a subtemplate which only exists for Spanish.

See participate in Spanish for an example of using the latter.

It would be good to have a template for the translation list page which did the same "paste me" instructions trick as I did in translations.

I did some initial changes to the translations how to page to explain this but it is far from finished.

Going to bed now without finishing all the cleanup involved.

Thought you might like to know. Homunq 22:08, 26 February 2008 (EST)

summer of code?

hi Sj, i'm asking if there's any hope for olpc support for twext in summer of code 2008.. thanks! Duke 11:54, 27 February 2008 (EST)


olpc userbox templates

SJ, how does one create a user box template similar to:
This user is in educational technology.
. Or is that something that only an admin can do? I was thinking about templates that link a user to any local/regional grassroots groups they might be a part of (i.e. OLPC_Boston). -- User:AuntiMame 13:05, 17 Feb 2008
To see that template's wikitext, go to Template:User edtech. You can edit it there; or create your own template, say, Template:User Boston. --Sj talk 14:15, 27 February 2008 (EST)
I created a template, but seem to get the username as well as the box in the OLPC Boxes section. Any idea why? -- User:AuntiMame 15:00, 17 Feb 2008

Summer projects for HS

Find local school with a teacher who wants to run an OLPC summer school; field trips here, instruction and a local XO lab ---> connect them with studetns who are too young for SoC.

Partner wtih schools in each deployment -- Boston sister schools in MX and Peru and India.

Aruba footnote : beware of small tropical islands.

Consider SoCon projects as well.

spanish language poetry bundle uploaded

La paquete de poesia en espanol esta... [aqui!] (And gosh, the language is pretty. I can't get over how gorgeous it sounds.) Mchua 00:16, 2 March 2008 (EST)

By the way - can you please ping me when you grab this, so I can take it down? Mchua 00:18, 2 March 2008 (EST)

Wikiosity

SJ, I'm trying to learn more about wikislicing and I've been exchanging e-mail with Zdenek. In my wiki-wandering, I've come across a few broken links to the Wikiosity activity. Is there such a thing yet or is it just in the concept phase? Cjl 17:53, 4 March 2008 (EST)

Haiti

SJ, I sent an e-mail to Jim about next week but haven't heard back. Mika 13:09, 8 March 2008 (EST)

Mozambique OLPC

Hi SJ--I've added some material to my page about the Mozambique intervention. I am eager to hear any comments or suggestions you have. Thanks a lot! --Jumpbean 16:58, 8 March 2008 (EST)

Planning for the summer

What if Tank and I came on Sunday, during our normal office hours time?

--Nikki 18:37, 21 March 2008 (EDT)

Boston Meetup

SJ,-- the next meetup is this Tuesday (March 25 6-8Pm at Cosi across the street from 1CC. The next meetup is a play data on April 2nd, also at Cosi. --User:AuntiMame 20:37, 23 March 2008

Comment on talk page.

SJ,

Not sure what you mean... respond in email better than leaving notes back and forth in wiki. --ixo 16:19, 24 March 2008 (EDT)


request for MP

where can i put my request for MP machine ? i heard there is something thru RT now for that ? thanks. --Arjs 00:58, 29 March 2008 (EDT)

Food Force 2

I've had the opportunity to download and play the original Food Force game and I'm starting to read my way though FF2's meeting notes. I've posted a reference on Talk:Food_Force that I think makes excellent backkground reading. I can't really contribute anything to the coding effort, buy I am interested in seeing that the lessons taught by the game have a solid foundation in evidence-based scientific and development principles. Cjl 00:33, 30 March 2008 (EDT)

WikiBrowse

I want to know how you convert the wikipedia xml dump in .html pages usable by WikiBrowse or any browser because I would like to make the same this you have done in wikibrowse but in French. Do you have some script or process? PatrickHetu 12:54, 3 April 2008 (EDT)

Mozambique OLPC

Hi SJ, Thanks for your note. It's great to hear about the lady from Lesotho joining staff. I had heard some interest from people in South Africa and Lesotho as well about this kind of project, so perhaps we could scale up the research after initial work in Mozambique. It sounds like the CAA people are waiting to get their laptops before discussing any coordination...I'm exploring some other funding options as well in case the CAA implementation is one we can work with further down the line. If I have funding for a first pilot study this summer, would I be able to get the machines for it?? Thanks, Jumpbean 08:52, 4 April 2008 (EDT)

OLPC Philippines (4-discussion)

?? Just because people were asking me for photos of local User's and I finally received a machine

Summer of Code

Hi SJ, do you know yet if I can mentor for the Summer of Code? I've got a couple students here at the University of Toronto who are submitting applications, and it would be nice to know if I will be able to mentor them. -- pdubroy 16:49, 4 April 2008 (EDT)

on openness and privacy

That conversation we had two months ago on IRC transcripts for meetings? I wrote an essay, finally. It's relevant to a lot more than whether to log "internal" meetings here, though. Mchua 15:40, 5 April 2008 (EDT)

Vandalism

Sorry, don't know how to report this. Please, keep an eye on 62.141.48.212 as, for an unknwon reason, they keep modifying The OLPC Wiki/index.php which should be deleted and/or protected IMHO. Thanks. 82.235.61.124 19:10, 6 April 2008 (EDT)

usergroup starting guide

How to start a usergroup - yay for pycon people!

office hours

Are we on for tomorrow?

--Nikki 21:59, 19 April 2008 (EDT)

Permissions...

Sj,

Thanks for getting the permissions setup. First couple of times, before I do anything I'll check with you... to see if that's what should be done. Will check with you, until I figure out the trends.

--ixo 03:07, 26 April 2008 (EDT)

reminder: adminship privs

OLPC:Administrators#user:cjl has 3 votes of support now - if that's enough, could you take a moment to swing by and grant Cjl magical powers? Mchua 16:59, 6 May 2008 (EDT)

Ah, yeah, you're right. Revising procedures in the middle of executing them isn't a good idea. Thanks for pointing that out. Mchua 22:24, 8 May 2008 (EDT)

Flocking together

I've refined the definition of Category:People. I think that wider use of this category can have particular benefits with regard to assisting on-wiki communities grow by making it easier to quickly find birds-of-a-feather, particularly for "outside parties" that we want to convert to "new participants". If you agree that this tag could be an aid to lowering the first barrier to participation (finding someone to reach out to on a given project), I'd like you to consider how to best promote it's use (going forward) and to get existing wiki pages tagged (retrofitting). I've already done some tagging and as I wander the wiki I always try to leave improved trail-markers behind, but there are a lot of pages out there for one person. Cjl 13:30, 10 May 2008 (EDT)

Page for you...

User:Mchua/Braindumps/For SJ - You may want to watchlist this one. I'll pile up messages on here so we can be functional while asynchronous - feel free to tell me to watch a similar page so we can have bidirectional communications (yay symmetry)! Mchua 19:20, 14 May 2008 (EDT)

Question about olpcboxtop template

Hey, what's the correct way to fill in the OBX xobundle field of {{{olpcboxtop}}}? It doesn't seem to support Media: links. Question arose while updating Terminal, whose olpcboxtop is broken for the time being. wade 05:59, 23 May 2008 (EDT)

Boston in early June

Who/where are we coordinating travel and lodging for those of us visiting Boston next month? Should I just email you off wiki, or? -- Adricnet 21:52, 25 May 2008 (EDT)

Adminship

Thanks for nominating me for adminship. I'll be continuing to work with Leejc on vandalism (in particular learning the "sentencing guidelines" for various offenses). I have a long-held philosphical stance to "only use my powers for good", which would naturally extend to wiki adminship. If I have any questions, I'll be sure to ask. Cjl 20:56, 28 May 2008 (EDT)

Mozambique investigation

Hi SJ--I was wondering if I could touch base with you sometime on the set-up I'll be doing for the Mozambique intervention in July. Thanks! Jumpbean 00:13, 30 May 2008 (EDT)

Planning to be there all weekend for the events and the SG meeting

Planning to be there all weekend for the Grassroots_unconference events and the S-G meeting and I'm still trying to determine exactly how long I'll be able to stay in Boston. I'd like to take a few minutes to just look around if at all possible since this is my vacation :).

If there's any dorm/barracks plans for the weekend, I'd be interested. Worst case is I'll have to get a hotel room, which is expensive. Splitting hotel costs is a good plan if it comes to that. Thanks!

-- Adricnet 06:23, 30 May 2008 (EDT)

Improvement for blind readers of OLPC Wiki

Hello. User Mchua pointed me to you. Here you can find info about a desired improvement for blind readers of the OLPC Wiki. It would be nice if you could have a short look on it and perhaps leave a comment. Thank you. -- Per 06:25, 2 June 2008 (EDT)

Moving pages between wikis

Hi SJ,

Community Jabber Servers is moving to http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/A_list_of_Jabber_networks_around_the_world. What's the best way of reflecting that? Removing the content from the former and putting some sort of template to say it has moved? Can we do redirects between wikis?

Thx, --morgs 10:39, 3 June 2008 (EDT)

UN publications

Is there anyone at OLPC that can render a meaningful opinion on this Licensing_petitions#UN_Publications question? These represent a huge and highly valuable potential resource, but only if OLPC takes clear and thoughtful position on the license term question. Cjl 00:26, 6 June 2008 (EDT)

need edit for localization of protected templates

See my notes in Template_talk:OLPC regarding Template:OLPC and Template:Users. @alex 16:01, 6 June 2008 (EDT)

images

--Nikki 19:16, 9 June 2008 (EDT)

Activity handbook @ library

update the activity handbook in the library with the current May edition

ChristophD 11:34, 11 June 2008 (EDT)

Weekly Updates - OLPC-GSoC'08

Hello,you asked to post Weekly Updates on your talk page,so here it is Rajan's Weekly Updates on Atlas America project(earlier known as Geography with Environment Awareness Application).Thanks !

Activity-summary template gone wonky

Yama pointed out something strange about Books on my talk page, but it's just that page. Something seems to have gone strange with one of your Template:Project-summary or Template:Activity-summary templates. You can see other examples linked from this page Category:Activity_summary. I think a move of the template was handled badly or something. You seem to have done the most (and most recent) owrk on that series of templates, do you have time to look at what is going on? Cjl 17:47, 24 June 2008 (UTC)

First pass at ethiopia design

The colors don't really... go with one another. So I didn't use all 3.

Anyway, a couple of different ideas: Image:Ethiopiatest1nlee.png. Shoot me some feedback.

--Nikki 17:40, 3 July 2008 (UTC)

--Nikki 22:24, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
Note from Lidet; Any image you choose to use about Ethiopia is usually extremely politically charged. The Yellow star on blue is no exception. The safest and only real representation that we can use for Ethiopia are the colors of the flag superimposed on an XO-man. Seth 17:37, 8 July 2008 (UTC)

binaural mics for g2

don't forget: two mics for sound placement and stereo recording... see why barry thought unnecc for gen1. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Sj (talkcontribs) ?

+1. As we discussed, binaural microphone placement (working cooperatively with the shape of the device for the best effect) would open many possibilities for engaging applications for a small increase in price. The XO-2 design is promising for kinesthetic learners... I'd love to see it work with the auditory / musical types as well. Let's talk more on this. --Bjordan 21:56, 8 July 2008 (UTC)

User rights review

I was looking through the user rights log and I noticed a few that a bureaucrat should probably review.

Cjl 15:47, 9 July 2008 (UTC)

Good point. Can you put all three up for review on OLPC:Administrators ? --Sj talk 22:13, 9 July 2008 (UTC)

Already did so [2] Cjl 22:16, 9 July 2008 (UTC)

Images not being thumbnailed

SJ - I unfortunately don't have the time to look into this right now but MediaWiki usually thumbnails images for you, (especially if you throw them into GALLERY tags http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Picture_tutorial#.3Cgallery.3E_tag ) and I'm getting fed lots of full-resolution images that have just been scaled down with the browser (I.e. being sent full multi-megabyte images that are being squeezed down) - you may want to check if mediawiki has access to either the PHP 'gd' library or imagemagick or whatever it uses to make thumbs ... see User:Hobart/thumbnails20080709 for example of problem

Hobart 23:31, 9 July 2008 (UTC)

Wiki Cleanup post wikimania

Could we get together after wikimania and work on some wiki-structure and index's? Seth 03:07, 11 July 2008 (UTC)

Could you add the "Musical Look at Waste" to collections grid?

Hi SJ, I've updated the library.info file of the content bundles I mantain, so that they go into the Activities category in the library. Could you add them to the main grid of the collections grid, or point me to where I can learn how to do it, as it is not as simple as editing that wiki page and adding text and link to bundles. The bundles address has kept the same, but here they are just in case, tested in Update.1 and latest joyride, the English and Portuguese versions.

Portuguese - File:Olhar-musical-pelos-residuos.xol
English - File:Musical-look-at-waste.xol

A nice idea would be if kids in countries where one of these languages are taught at school, would translate the content to their mother language. It's cc-sa-by so no authorization is needed.

Ok seeya, keep up the good work Eduardo. P.S. - I would even endeavour to request you to make this collection part of library core. I've seen kids get great pleasure and a feeling of achievement from making and playing these instruments. I know it is really Portugal-centric, so I'll understand if you don't want to put in library-core as it could be a bit of "culture-pushing". HoboPrimate 17:55, 27 July 2008 (UTC)

708?

Hi SJ, last night I could have sworn that 709 was the build suggested to me... but I can only find 708. Am I delusional? Hope you guys had fun last night. Sorry I had to skip out. --- AuntiMame 31 July 2008 16:08 UTC

$100 laptop project

http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=OLPC_on_free/open_source_software&curid=1288&diff=150253&oldid=145903

Mako used the term $100 laptop. Odd. Seth 07:13, 6 August 2008 (UTC)

That's an old essay, from the days when that was its name. He was reverting vandalism that you and cjl hadn't noticed on a previous partial revert. --Sj talk 18:27, 11 August 2008 (UTC)

Possibly "Variable Quality" Exchange on Sugar List

Hi SJ,

Following up on your question about the quality of posts to the public lists. See this exchange: http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-August/017568.html

I do not want to discuss the substance of the exchange and I do nto begrudge Erik for answering. He gave a good answer and it helped and Bastien went away happy. Please do not re-open the subject of this exchange or I will feel that my raising it here was a mistake.

I say its an example of Variable Quality responses because I'm not sure the information exchanged was correct or definitive. It may well be correct and it may not be. I'm just not sure as it stands today. Its an example for consideration as we try to flush out how best to run this project on public lists and wikis.

Thanks,

Greg S Gregorio 13:45, 15 August 2008 (UTC)

to upload

nts: screenshots of pdb for pia/jw. 
wk reps with wiki traffic stats, rt influx, mailing list # and traffic (link to wikipage)
wk rep including mail-out, contrib prog update

sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkman_Center

ya :/

But I like your rename. :) Remi 02:58, 7 September 2008 (UTC)

Twinkle & bot account

being a complete n00b, how does one get a bot account? And reading the Wikipedia page on Twinkle confused me... is ti something loaded on teh OLPC wiki that I call to? Or it loaded on my machine and it reaches to the wiki? AuntiMame 13:07, 8 September 2008 (UTC)

I tried adding the full URL to the Wikipedia twinkle to my monobok.js, but still no go. Do you know if anyone on the OLPC wiki is using it, so I can look at their monobook.js and see how its done? AuntiMame 23:58, 8 September 2008 (UTC)

adult activity pack

I can create the basic pack, but can't add stuff like midnight commander 'cuz that's installed via yum. (If there's a way to get packages to auto install during formatting or in a pack I don't know about it). AuntiMame 18:34, 8 September 2008 (UTC)

Personal tools
  • Log in
  • Login with OpenID
About OLPC
About the laptop
About the tablet
Projects
OLPC wiki
Toolbox