Old conversations saved /Archive1
- 1 Product News Page
- 2 Hey, Dinosaur book idea...
- 3 Howdy, fellow Weekly Zine contributor.
- 4 Adminship tools
- 5 Liva repos page
- 6 ping?
- 7 Weather Stations
- 8 Adminship
- 9 Academic Papers
- 10 source docs for flyers
- 11 Review squad recruitment letter
- 12 re: cluttering on the wiki
- 13 vandalism report
- 14 Activity-summary update
- 15 urban postering campaigns?
- 16 Fab@home & appropedia
- 17 Add links to orgs and pages
- 18 Old repository notes
- 19 Developing countries...
- 20 More Fab@Home
- 21 reverts of annoying usernames
- 22 design gang proposal
- 23 wixi
- 24 Outreach gang and flickr
- 25 sitemeters
- 26 trip reports
- 27 main page design
- 28 Notes for the world
- 29 French textbook to Wikibooks
Product News Page
What was your reason for removing 'OLPC' from the Product News Page? This is still a page maintained by OLPC, but I cleaned it up today because we expect countries are going to start referring to the page for solid information in regards to peripherals. JoshSeal 17:19, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- I agree with your observations. Although I think its important to have a page that new countries interested in OLPC can refer to and gain at least an approximate understanding of what's available. Who has the Solar price list? Richard? Also, I think the Handcrank should be put in a new section such as 'past products' with a summary of why it didn't work rather than just removing it - otherwise people will always ask "what ever happened to the hand crank?". I'll make these changes.
- I consider this page more useful and relevant for countries rather than G1G1 - they can just go to XO Explosion. It should thus be designed that way. Each product does have its own pages I think, I'll add them. I speak to Richard often regarding tech power issues, but I was hoping someone was in charge of costs for all the products...
Hey, Dinosaur book idea...
I was working on creating a program with dinosaur information and I tried making an eBook which would explain dinosaurs in a picture-book sort of way... I just wrote this up over the weekend so let me know what your input is:
-User:Ndoiron 21 Apr 2008
Howdy, fellow Weekly Zine contributor.
Howdy, fellow Weekly Zine contributor.
Just thought to give a shout-out to some our editorial board, to let them know of some recent updates I did for 'Issue 0 (pilot)'.
Took the day off from work (easy when one works for oneself, I just had to ask myself for a day off. :)... get a few items done...
I created am improved layout and structure to help seed ideas and encourage submissions. I went through all the notes and ideas, laid them out best i could in this structure. (and as always, open to feedback and opinions :).
Hopefully, this will make it easier, and encourage people to add more entries and submissions. *hint* *hint* *hint* *poke* *prod* "Say no more* *say no more* *wink* *wink*
- And it's looking good! I've gotten pulled into pressing things this week, but am still thinking about projects otd to highlight. --Sj talk 13:10, 6 February 2008 (EST)
Dear Weth, you are now an admin. Use your tools with care and in good health. Be particularly careful about page protection -- avoid it wherever possible, and unprotect pages when the cause has passed. --Sj talk 02:13, 10 February 2008 (EST)
- w00t1 :) is for Insects 12:26, 11 February 2008 (EST)
Liva repos page
Hi Seth, thanks for writing. I understand your edit at the XMMS page and I'm glad to help with your other pages, but I must say that I don't know much about Fedora's repositories. I'll keep an eye out for a Livna page and I'll try to improve it where I can.
- reping? Mchua 03:49, 8 April 2008 (EDT)
I would love to explore the integration of the XO or XS with low cost weather observation equipment/stations. If this is something you would like to seriously consider, I might be able to bring together a team of Air Force Weather veterans and experts to work on this project. Let me know, and thanks again for the welcome.
Thanks for your support for my nomination to adminship, SJ (or rather what I believe to be his anon-IP avatar) completed the process today. Cjl 20:47, 28 May 2008 (EDT)
source docs for flyers
I used Illustrator, and converted all the text to outlines... so their not editable any more. AuntiMame 09:15, 2July2008
cleaned up and categorized. Mchua
re: cluttering on the wiki
Yep, you called Preinstalled XS out correctly. It's clutter that I don't have firm plans to get back to (although it's fresh in my mind and will likely be spinning around there in the next few days). I had approximately 5 minutes to type before running for the train, and (imo) poorly-discoverable clutter is better than nonexistence - you found the page and did something about it, did you not? ;)
I'm not a green volunteer, so I've seen the threshold above which activation energy will be too high for enough people to change their habits enough such that a meme takes hold - and I'm trying to find ways to lower these barriers as well.
If the desire is to have people put the things you listed in all their pages, here's one thing to do: make templates and make it insanely easy to use them - or better, make it require effort to not use them (that is, have them on by default - not sure if/how this is possible). See Template:Project and Template:Jam - though using those templates themselves requires effort, they fill stuff in with decent defaults.
Now if things could be scripted such that every new page created by link text in the Open projects list (or by clicking a button on that page) would start out as that template - actually, give me a second...
All right, look at Open projects and let me know what you think. Or better yet, improve.
User:Fifty-eight has deleted content on a number of pages. Davewa 13:19, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
Can you update the spans in the activity-summary template so that they match that used on the current activities page? then we can finally move over to the activities/tmp style before the onslaught of new activity devs & updates.
See also IRC:Main_page?
urban postering campaigns?
Fab@home & appropedia
I've been somewhat active on the Fab@Home wiki... what's on your mind? I can be emailed from here now, too. Remi 18:10, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- Add self/group as interested in curation: curators
- Add links to webpages and sites : Content_projects/examples/weblinks
Old repository notes
The question arises (at least to me) - could useful implements be fabbed that would benefit people within developing countries? Or perhaps this sort of technology could be used as a means of learning. I'll have to think more about this, and if it is alright, I will definitely not hesitate to share thoughts if they happen upon me. Do possible answers to how Fab@Home technology could be used in developing countries occur to you? Remi 03:33, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
Hi Seth, I found out from Diane Serley (on the RepRap forums) that you've got a Fab@Home that you are looking to experiment with. I'm currently leading Cornell's Fab@Home efforts and I'd like to hear a bit more about what you are doing with it and if we can help. Please contact me at my Fab@Home page --Max 02:08, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Well getting it running under *nix (without WINE) would be a good project in itself. If you really don't have any ideas, I suggest you put it together and start playing with it. Good luck and let me know if you'd like to discuss any ideas. --Max
reverts of annoying usernames
design gang proposal
hi Seth and thanks for your interest in wixi.. http://alpha.twext.com usr "test" pwd "test" is alpha testing basic twexter functions between any of many languages.. open code at http://gitub.com/tudisco/twext.. now we're working on printing and multilingual URLS.. then wiki-like history, sound interface, synxi, open social etc etc.. there's lots to do but most valuable now is please test the interface, thanks!! Duke 20:36, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
Outreach gang and flickr
Flickr extension : see User:Sj/quotes for an example.
- From m. vorburger : more flickry goodness
We should add something like sitemeter to our sites for basic public consumption.
main page design
Check out the latest note on Talk:Main_Page...